The Great Wave Technical Architect will collaborate across the organization and with clients to design solutions that align with business goals and technology strategies. The Technical Architect is directly responsible for researching and prototyping new solutions, product evaluations and developing technology standards.
- 2+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience in solution development.
- 7+ years’ experience designing and delivering large scale distributed systems (ideally using modern SOA patterns and REST).
- Solid understanding of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns.
- Flexibility and creativity in solution design – including leveraging emerging technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives.
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems.
- Prior experience with relational and non-relational database technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Prior experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (hardware, virtualization, networking).
- Proficient in at least one static OO language (C#, Java).
- Proficient in current development and source code management tools (Visual Studio, Eclipse, Git, SVN).
To apply for this job, email firstname.lastname@example.org